Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Four Gifts I am thankful for

True, I don’t always get to receive material gifts unless people are required to give me one. True, I find myself hurt and close to tears whenever i realize that i am always at the end of people’s lists. True, i also want to be remembered but i also know that i cannot force people to do that.

Every year, i expect things to be different and it always end up the same. So this year, (to save me from tears...lol) i decided that instead of waiting for someone to give me a gift, i’ll just count the ones that i have already received.

Gift of Unconditional Love. I am not a perfect person and i don’t think i am easy to love or even like. I am moody and has a really bad temper and those are just two of the many things that are wrong with me. So it means a lot to me that there are people in this world who never left my side and continued to love and accept me despite my flaws. They are people who are there no matter what happens and accepted me and loved me without question. To these people, i owe my continued existence.

Gift of Friendship. I’ve always been a loner. I guess this came after the fact that i prefer to read books than actually deal with people. I spend most of my time alone and it amazes me sometimes that i managed to have friends. Not just any friends, mind you. I found really great friends who made me a better person and helped me realize that i can actually do something. These are people i can be cranky and crazy with without being judged. I am happy that i am able to find friends who supported me even at my craziest moments. To these people, i owe my sanity (or the lack of it).

Gift of Freedom. To do what i want to do when i want it and if i want it. Probably not as much as i want to but i am blessed to have the freedom that i am enjoying right now. I owe this to a lot of circumstances and to a lot of people. To those who fought and continue to fight so i can enjoy my life; those who respected my decisions and never forced me to do things i don’t want to do; and to the constitution that makes all these legal and stops anyone from taking this away from me... Thank you. I owe you my happiness.

Gift of Employment. Without it, I’d probably be just another depressed and penniless person wondering how to live day after day. I am blessed to be working for a really great company with really great people. My job may sometimes me depressing and oftentimes stressful but i always go home happy. I am blessed that i am working with individuals who are not only professionals but are fun to be with and very supportive. I am blessed because i know that not everyone has a salary, much more a job, as awesome as mine. I am blessed to be given the opportunity to work for this company and i owe them my financial independence.

In my life, i have received a lot of blessings but these four summarizes what really makes me happy.  i don’t have much but at least i have enough. People don’t always like me but there are still a lot who loves me without reservation. I have a lot of things to be thankful for and so it is more than okay if no one gives me anything for Christmas. Afterall, if you think about it, i already have everything that i could ever need all year round.

So, what about you? Have you counted your blessings already?


Posted via Blogaway

0 blabblers:

check ur page rank.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

 

♥AIAN-ism © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates