Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I beg you, be responsible

Working in the student publication takes a lot of time and hard work. There are a lot of works to be done and things to finish. It’s not only writing and editing and lay outing and getting the paper ready for publication that matters, team work is very important.

Everybody has duties and responsibilities and each one must do his/her duty for the publication to succeed. Everybody is important because each one has special tasks in the organization. If only a few will work and do their duties the whole organization is affected. Therefore, each one must help.

We lack the manpower not because we are few but because even if there are so many of us, only a few are doing their tasks. There are some who would simply watch and let other do the hard work while they reap the praises that they are not worthy of.

RESPONSIBILITY is a difficult word but it is essential for us to reach our goals. It is important that we be responsible in doing our part of the job because anyway, it is not only for the organization but for our personal development as well.

Being young is not the reason to be irresponsible. There are others out there who are younger than us but are already responsible and matured enough to perform the tasks assigned to them. There are others who have more pressing duties to do but still manages to perform whatever is ask of them. All of us are students. All of us have responsibilities. All of us are human beings.

I guess what most of us really needs is a little boost of discipline to teach us to be more matured individuals. We can only say "sorry" but we cannot reverse the damage that irresponsibility has caused to the organization. It is not every day that the rest of us can accept apologies. Everything has a limit.

I guess we are old enough to know the right from wrong. We are old enough to know the right thing to do in a given situation. We are old enough and matured enough and probably smart enough to be in the publication. We are here to serve, to learn, but never to wait for the salary. None of us would be in the publication if the people concerned did not think that we are responsible and worthy enough to be here. Why don't we give justice to their decisions and prove that we are worthy to stay in the organization? The question is, are we really worthy?

Why are we here in the first place? Just to become scholars? Just to receive salaries? Or just to be known to the rest of the students and be looked up to?

Is it the fame? The privilege? The prestige? I hope not. Because if that is so, then I don't think we are worthy to remain in the organization. There are others out there who are more responsible and even better writers than us.

I guess the reason why we are here in the publication is because we believe in the cause that THE NORSUnian is fighting for. We believe in the right of the students to know and we believe that by being here, we could help them fight for their rights. We are the voice of the students, the protector of their rights and not the collector of their fees.

Have we forgotten that our education is being paid by the students? That the luxuries we have in our office is owned by the students? That our salaries came from the students? Then why can't we give them their money's worth?

Some of us have been negligent in our duties. I won't point my fingers to anybody because we know who we are. I am not trying to be holier than you or anybody else, because I myself have my faults. Again, I may not be the bestest writer in the organization or the bestest editor but at least I am doing my best for the publication. The rest of us do, while others are quite questionable.

I think this is the right time that we question ourselves if we are really worthy to stay in the publication or not. It is time to question if we are really up to the responsibility and the demand that the organization is asking from us.

Being in the publication is hard, especially if only a few are doing their job.

0 blabblers:

check ur page rank.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

 

♥AIAN-ism © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates