Sunday, September 13, 2009

not all children are innocent.

I know I've watched a really good movie if my brain starts working after watching it. Since yesterday I have been thinking of the truth behind the movie, Orphan which Nadz and I watched yesterday. I wouldn't go on and review the movie because a lot of people have done so already. I prefer to verbalize what I had come to realize while watching the movie.

A lot of people view children as innocent little angels who could do nothing wrong in their eyes, or if ever they do, it is all blamed to the fact that they are children and doesn't know what they are doing. I remembered when I was a child and I misbehave and people would laugh at me and seem to be so happy for my brattiness, my Mama would often say "cute lang yan dahil bata pa, paglaki niyan problema na yan". I think she's right.
A lot of children gets away with a lot of things because of what they are. Children, after all, are innocent beings. Very few people would blame a child even if sometimes the child deserves so much to be blamed. Maybe that is why some children grow up not knowing the difference between right and wrong because when they do wrong people just smile and blame everything on their innocence.
Well, I think not all children are innocent. Not all the time that children are innocent.
In a family for example, if a younger child do something bad it is often the elder one who gets scolded. The younger child is viewed as the victim even if most of the times it is his fault why something happened. But being a child, the elder one is blamed for being irresponsible and not doing what is expected of them.
In the process the younger child realizes that he could do things and get away with it; he realizes that he could actually outsmart somebody and blame everything to whoever is available. He, therefore, has the tendency to grow up not understanding that he has to take responsibilities for his actions.
It is therefore important that the child be disciplined in the early years of his life. It should be made clear to them as early as possible that their every actions has an accompanied consequences If in the formative years of the child he is already aware of that simple thing, I think it is no longer hard to discipline him when he grows up.

0 blabblers:

check ur page rank.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

 

♥AIAN-ism © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates