I woke up this morning with this thought in my head, " Life is short, why waste time worrying about something as predictable as death?"
I honestly don't know what prompted that and I for one do not like to live dangerously unless absolutely necessary. But I do love living on the edge from time to time. As I have said before, pushing myself beyond my limits and accomplishing something from it gives me a different kind of fulfillment.
"Living one day at a time", that's how I try to live these days. I try not to worry on things before they even happen. I tell myself that fretting over things that hasn't happened yet and has 50/50 chance of happening is a waste of time. I prefer to focus my energy on things that are sure to happen... like, getting my salary every 15th and 30th of the month.
I guess this kind of thinking was prompted by my near death experience (almost but not quite) almost a year ago. After that terrible-mind numbing-traumatic incident, I told myself that I'll strive to be happy and live my life as best as I can. It was at the face of death that I had come to realize that though I had been alive in this world for more than two decades, I haven't lived yet.
So i guess Timon and Pumba was right, hakuna matata--no worries! If we do what is right and do our best every time, then there will be no need to worry... the future will take care of itself.

0 blabblers:
Post a Comment